May 10, 2004

Clean your desk ... and reminisce about glue.

If you're thinking of cleaning your desk, maybe this guy will give you some inspiration. How did I find that website? I was drinking a Diet Pepsi, and just as I finished it called to mind an old flavor/smell? What was that mysterious call from the recesses of memory? It was ... it was ... mucilage! Remember those Lepage's Mucilage bottles, the ones with the red nipple-like tops? The were once everywhere, but now you never see them. Replaced by--what?--glue sticks? Computer graphics? I wanted a picture of the thing and found this desk-cleaning site, which had a picture here of a mucilage bottle, but a late-model, plastic version, not the classic one I was looking for. Ah, but here, here's what I wanted to find (thanks to a person who is way more interested in mucilage than I am):

2 comments:

Longvacation said...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that reminisces about things like this. I wasn't eating anything when the memory of mucilage came back to me, I was trying to go to sleep...

Hope Bina said...

My 17 year old daughter was looking at one of those finding books and she was going nuts tying to find a glue bottle. I looked at the picture and found it because it was a mucilage bottle and she had never seen one. Then i had to go online and find an image to show her.