September 20, 2004

AOL Messenger vs. iChat.

I've never IM'd before, but I'm doing a research thing that required it. I figured out how to use iChat, but I couldn't see how to add a new screen name, and I needed a coded screen name, so I switched over to AOL Messenger. I can't believe how ugly AOL Messenger looks compared to iChat! The difference is mind boggling.

UPDATE: Thanks to an emailer for the tip. I didn't realize you could just type over the existing screen name, ignoring the drop down menu. I need to remember that in Mac it is actually easy and to try to do something so obvious that I'm forgetting to see it. The "help" function could be a better. Maybe the assumption is you won't actually resort to it, but when you do, it should be better at perceiving what you're looking for.

No comments: