May 5, 2005

About the big "American Idol" scandal.

I watched that tawdry ABC exposé last night. My response is tucked away in a couple of updates to my post on last night's "American Idol" show (Scott Savol's last stand). Why didn't I write a separate post about the ABC show? Because I had just watched it, felt disgusted for having spent an hour in such a debased fashion, and wanted to be done with it. But now I think there's perhaps enough insight into some damn thing or another to justify pointing you to that little tucked away place on the blog.

5 comments:

Mister DA said...

My complaint is they preempted the currenbt episode of "Eyes," Tim Daly's comeback series, for this garbage. I hope no one with a Neilson box watched the thing.

Internal Medicine Doctor said...

Let's say she did sleep with him. So What?

In general, don't we have better things to think about?

Sloanasaurus said...

I think Althouse is right on when she says about Clarks supposed relationship.... "even if it's true, it doesn't make us like him." This is exactly how I felt.

Further, they treat Idol as if it is some sort of traditional institution with high standards of ethics regarding the voting. What about the fact that a single person can vote 100s of times....

If Paula really wanted to influence the show she would leak nasty rumors about candiates who got their votes from the same pool of voters as the candidate she favored. This would be far more effective than picking out fashionable clothes.

Ann Althouse said...

Sloanasaurus: good point. The outfit he supposedly bought with Paula's money was just a beige shirt and tan pants. I wasn't weirdly dazzling in any way.

Unknown said...

That a whole hour was devoted to this lame "expose" means that TV is finally, mercifully, running out of expose subjects.

What this country needs is another "trial of the century"!