November 4, 2005

What about all that blogging?

What about all that blogging I seemed as though I was about to launch into when I got that writing project done at 2:54 p.m.? Why, I was even threatening to do some 11th Amendment fisking, a threat that actually seemed to alarm Armando. Lucky for Armando, I do have something of a life in the real-word dimension in my outpost in Madison, Wisconsin. Do you picture snow drifts keeping me inside, gazing into the glow of the iBook? No, it was warm and sunny -- in the 60s. Here's what a gingko tree looked like today:

Ginko

Ginko

5 comments:

howzerdo said...

Ha, I am here in upstate NY and it seems like peak weekend, after all the rain in October it is 60 and the leaves (what remains on the trees anyway) are beautiful. I say enjoy the beauty and take a well deserved break from Alito, Armando, blogging, whatever.
Gina

XWL said...

Ain't global warming a bitch?

(though just cause it's been a balmy late fall doesn't mean that winter might not turn out fierce)

Steve Donohue said...

There are, fortunately, more important things in life than these fleeting temporal affairs.

Hoots said...

Great pictures. Ginko is my favorite tree. I was given one about eighteen years ago. I put it in a "fifty-dollar hole" and protected it from getting mowed down by the lawnmower until it grew big enough to see. Every fall the leaves give a spectacular yellow show. The only tree with personality...more like a dog breed than a plant.

Meade said...

Did you know that a male Ginko, after as long as thirty-five years, can suddenly change to female when it then begins to drop fruit smelling like a cross between vomit and dog crap? Female Ginkos, however, never change to male. Except for the fruit problem, they make excellent ornamental trees.