June 23, 2009

I figured out why reporters tweet so much.

Figured it out while reading another generous handful of tweets from Ana Marie Cox. In reverse chronological order:
Thank God Nico is so tall. He let me stand in front of him. Fuck you line cop. #whp
about 4 hours ago from Tweetie

HuffPo's Nico Pitny just placed in 2nd row of SRO by WH staff. Now why could that be? (Nice "fuck you" to guy next to me playing line cop)
about 4 hours ago from Tweetie

.@jaketapper says photogs "formally request" no rising in their way when O enters. And those of us standing might try to take their seats.
about 5 hours ago from Tweetie

And my view if I turn around... @mikememoli says hi. #whp http://twitpic.com/872ib
about 5 hours ago from Tweetie

RT @newmediajim @anamariecox prodded me into taking updated POTUS view. Crowd has grown! http://twitpic.com/8719t // #1stcome1stservefail
about 5 hours ago from Tweetie

My view. http://twitpic.com/871bj
about 5 hours ago from Tweetie

.@newmediajim standing in for POTUS. The resemblence is remarkable, no? http://twitpic.com/870pq
about 5 hours ago from Tweetie

Actually I have just elbowed my way to the front. I am refusing to believe you can "save" a space on the wall. #whp
about 5 hours ago from Tweetie

Sitting in an edge seat that I know will be taken has benefit of putting me in place to have a good place to stand... #whpresser #whp
about 5 hours ago from Tweetie

Hey that red blob in the middle is me standing up! RT @newmediajim: POTUSeye view of the White House briefing room http://twitpic.com/86xmg
about 6 hours ago from TweetDeck
They are so often stuck in waiting situations.

AND: Related question: Why do law professors blog so much? Ha ha.

10 comments:

rhhardin said...

Anything you're a reporter in a waiting situation for isn't news.

KLDAVIS said...

And, they've been lead to believe that others care about what they have to say.

John said...

Ann Marie Cox is one of those people who I wish I didn't know who she was. I can't figure out how or why I know her name. I know her notariety has something to do with a hooker. For while I thought that she had been the hooker. But I am told that no, she wrote about the hooker.

In the end, the perplexing question of why this woman has a job and why anyone cares what she thinks really defy easy answers. Is she even a real person or just some kind of performance art like Bruno? I can't really tell.

rhhardin said...

Cox edited wonkette back when it was good.

John said...

I know who Cox is RHARDIN. I just can't stand her. She is everything I dislike about Washington journalists; a cynical shallow, dogmatic medicrity who lives on a diet of fake hipness and warmed over conventional wisdom. The fact that Cox got a job beyond snarky collumnist for her sororiety weekly newspaper in college, letalone became Washington Editor of Time, says all you need to know about the depth and intelligence of the Washington Press Corps.

Jim said...

Ana Marie Cox is just a slightly cleaned up - and even less original - version of Perez Hilton: he draws penises on people's faces, she just talks about them.

Kev said...

(the other kev)

So nice to hear what she's up to these days. Anyone hear from the other sodomy twin?

rhhardin said...

Wonkette though, back then, was mocking the Washington establishment's pretense of being serious people. That's what made Wonkette popular.

holdfast said...

Leave Anal Marie Cox Alone!

Sissy Willis said...

After speed reading cox's vapid tweets, I misread the start of your final sentence as "They so often suck . . ." (Pardon my French)