October 15, 2013

The yellow-duct-tape beam-of-light.



"'Fos' is the name of the first ephemeral installation by Eleni Karpatsi, Susana Piquer and Julio Calvo, a multidisciplinary team based in Madrid and Barcelona. Using yellow duct tape, paint, found furniture and pineapples, the team created a brilliant visual illusion that simulates a beam of light coming from the lamp above the door of a vegan restaurant in Madrid. The name 'Fos' means 'light' in the Greek language, and 'melted' in Catalan."

More here.

7 comments:

cubanbob said...

Very nice. Considering the economic situation in Spain the only light at the end of the food tunnel is vegetarian.

Phaedrus said...

I tried a vegetarian diet once but it didn't go well. I found out vegetarians are faster than cattle.

Not mine but I like it

Smilin' Jack said...

Art is long dead, but I guess "art" will go on as long as "artists" can think of more stupid, pointless, annoying shit to do.

Original Mike said...

Boy, I sure wish it were that easy to eliminate light trespass.

tim maguire said...

That's pretty cool, but in real life, the chair and table are probably rarely in the right place.

Anonymous said...

I like it.

Saludos.

zefal said...

I've just recently used duct tape to hold together my exhaust & muffler and patch a hole with an assist from a cut-up Coke can!

This begs the question of whether the duct tape makes the artiste' or does it just make "us" more creative?