March 8, 2014

Trying to make money as "the best photographer on Instagram"...

It's Daniel Arnold, who thought of "selling 4×6 prints of whatever you want from my Instagram archive for $150 each":
The response overwhelmed him. Orders poured in. A day later, he’d received nearly $15,000 worth of requests, and collected some $5,000....

Because he has so many photos, no single image has emerged as the overwhelming favorite, he says. A number of people have ordered this one of a pantsless subway Santa Claus, and this one of an affluent-looking gentleman getting a shoeshine on Ash Wednesday is popular too.....

14 comments:

TML said...

The Santa pic is out of focus.

David said...

Meade!

Dogs!

Money!

David said...

Is the guy also making money on all the damn pop up ads when you click through to the link? Makes the story almost unreadable.

Helenhightops said...

David, re: Meade - absolutely! His dog pics are wonderful.

Biff said...

Mr. Laurence Meade, please call your office. Mr. Meade...

khesanh0802 said...

The commercial spirit is alive and well in those who are not receiving stipends from the government.

jacksonjay said...

"There's a sucker born every minute"

Ambrose said...

Ah capitalism; that needs to be regulated...

Ann Althouse said...

"The Santa pic is out of focus."

What's good as an Instagram isn't really something that means much printed out. Unless people are just fans wanting an autograph on a postcard (which is what size the thing is).

rhhardin said...

My computer can't see instagram photos. I am uncurious why.

Meade said...

David, Helen, Biff — thanks, I'm glad people like my dog pics. If my investments all go south, I'll consider it. Until then, I feel I'm more than adequately compensated for my modest labors of love.

Unknown said...

make $0.50+$0.50+$0.50+0.50 http://EarnPerRef.com/?invcod=173151

natatomic said...

He thinks $150 for a 4x6 is cheap?! Well, I think I know how he ended up so broke in the first place...

Anonymous said...

He has some unique pictures!