April 10, 2005

"Sideways," at last.

As you may remember, back in January, Tonya and I were driving in my car -- L'il Greenie -- on our way to pick up Nina and then to go to see the movie "Sideways." We never got there, however, because I wrecked my car. Now, the movie is out on DVD, so we're getting together tonight to watch it. I've kind of been -- like Camille Paglia -- on strike against Hollywood movies, finding them "absolutely boring," so we'll see how I like this one. I'll let you know, later.

Meanwhile, here's an article in the L.A. Times about how the movie "Sideways" has affected wine sales, hurting merlot and helping pinot noir.

3 comments:

Pancho said...

Enjoy the flick and I sure hope you don't wreck your couch in the process.

Remember: Don't drink and lounge.

nina said...

Any movie is made more wonderful by a viewing at the Althouse home. And, if she happens to cook up her Hazan Bolognese sauce to accompany the show, you may as well forget about wishing you'd seen it earlier. I only worry that movies appear better than they really are because of the total comfort in the viewing of of them. Pancho and eddiep: we did drink wine and lounge. Should we feel guilty?

Yogo said...

I'm drinking pinot noir these days too and I haven't even seen Sideways.