May 8, 2005

Pedestal-leaping effrontery.

Everybody's jumping on that Adam Cohen piece, the one I blogged about here. I was just doing an update and noticing I said that anyone can blog but "there's no pedestal to jump right on top of and have an instant readership as there is when you're hired on by mainstream media."

But, you may say, what about The Huffington Post, that big, foaming mass o' celebrities blogging? Aren't those characters planning to leap right onto a pedestal?

Oh, yes. I'd forgotten. That starts tomorrow, doesn't it? Should we be passive-aggressive and link-withhold? Or aggressive-aggressive and beat them to a virtual pulp for their pedestal-leaping effrontery?

5 comments:

Ann Althouse said...

Cute drawing, Moral Turpitude. Hmmm.... I've already screwed up my own chance at top-notch passive-aggression by linking in this post. Maybe I should extract the link from my post.... But putting the link in must show I'm inclined toward aggressive aggression. I assume they'll get plenty of attention, so it will be important to supply the ridicule. Or will it be too easy? It was awfully easy beating up on Adam Cohen today. Almost not even that fun. Just a grim duty.

Charlie Martin said...

How about if we just make fun of them when they deserve it?

Which I'm sure will be regularly.

docweasel said...

I expect that HUFFinstuff blahg will garner plenty scorn from the conservative side of the 'net and be a rich source of ridicule-able material. I'm sure you'll end up linking some of the idiocy to be found there yourself, Ms. A

Ann Althouse said...

Charles: Make fun of them when they deserve it? What is that, some sort of code of ethics?

Steven Taylor said...

Gee, Ann: have you forgotten your Cohen already? Bloggers ain't got no eithics.