July 21, 2005

More radio.

I talked about the Roberts nomination on Wisconsin Public Radio this morning. The host is Joy Cardin. Lots of great callers too. You can listen to the recording of the show here. (Click on "listen" at 7 a.m. today.) There's a lot of talk about whether Bush should have picked a woman and about Roe v. Wade. One caller makes a point of asking me whether I think Roe v. Wade should be overturned, which, of course, I wouldn't answer if I were the nominee. But I do answer. There's also a lot of talk about what the Democrats will or should do, with special attention to Senator Schumer.

Go ahead, listen!

5 comments:

Alcibiades said...

Heh. I liked your deft handling of the woman who compared Bush to an abusive husband. As your response amounted to redirecting her thoughts: Just think, this result isn't so bad. His choice could have been much, much more abusive.

I guess she didn't realize she was getting her reassurance from someone who voted for the abuser.

Missed the Schumer comment though. Do you know where that remark came in?

Ann Althouse said...

Not sure where it is, Alcibiades. Maybe someone else will note the timestamp.

I do know that asking me whether I think Roe should be overturned is at about 22 minutes.

Anonymous said...

The Schumer part starts at about 31 minutes, the last segment as nypundit said.

amba said...

As someone who doesn't have time to listen to a whole radio show online (too busy blogging! :) )
I wish you would post on your blog about whether you think Roe should be overturned, and why/why not.

Ann Althouse said...

Amba: My answer is no. Here's an old post of mine on the subject.