March 6, 2012

"Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery named 2012 Laboratory of the Year."

By R&D Magazine:
“It’s meant to help the nonscientists interact with both scientists and with the people who work in the building to facilitate our getting ideas from outside the walls of the scientific lab, and that’s a very unusual and extraordinary opportunity"...
We love the campus building, which is perfectly positioned at the midpoint of my walk to work. Not that I find myself interacting with scientists when I go there.

6 comments:

traditionalguy said...

A great Temple of Science erected on the Acropolis at Madison.

I do love college towns. The interaction between the smart young people and the smart older people creates a unique place.

Original Mike said...

"Not that I find myself interacting with scientists when I go there."

We don't bite.

Wince said...

"Not that I find myself interacting with scientists when I go there."

edutcher said...

Nice, maybe you should go in sometime.

WB Gore encourages all its workers to putter around in the hope they come up with something new.

PS Link on the index.html is bad, have to go to the post to get a good one.

MadisonMan said...

The cookies at the cafe in WID are cheaper than the cookies at Union South. The Ice Cream at WID (organic) is more expensive than the non-organic at Union South, but it's all Babcock.

You can get shakes and sundaes at WID.

I'm hungry.

AlphaLiberal said...

Given your hostility to scientists, including accusing them of rigging research results for money, it's probably good you don't annoy them further. They have work to do.